|How To Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID For EPF e-nomination|
In this post we will see how easily we can generate aadhaar virtual id. The virtual id can be useful in many cases. The one of the most important case we will used it for filing e-nomination in EPF Unified member Portal.
What is Aadhaar Virtual ID
Aadhaar Virtual ID (VID) is a 16 digit temporary number mapped with an Aadhaar number that can be used whenever aadhaar authentication is needed instead of mentioning a 12 digit aadhaar number.
What are the benefits of Aadhaar Virtual ID?
- Virtual id (VID) can be changed. But Aadhaar number cannot be changed.
- By using the virtual id, you can make sure that the aadhaar details are safe.
- If you think that using the same virtual id over and over again is risky. You can change the virtual id for security purposes
Why Aadhaar Virtual ID for EPF e-nomination
- To complete the pending nomination from e-nomination, the pf member has to e-sign. The pf member can e-sign by registering the e-sign.
- To do e-sign registration, the pf member has to authenticate his /her aadhaar virtual id (VID).
How To Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID Online
Step 1: Go to the official website of UIDAI.
Step 2: First find the My Aadhaar menu and under Aadhaar Services click on Virtual ID (VID) Generator.
|Click on Virtual ID (VID) Generator – UIDAI Website|
Step 3: Enter Aaadhaar, other details and generate Virtual ID (VID)
- Enter your 12 digit aadhaar number.
- Click on Send OTP button.
- Now enter the 6 digits OTP received to the aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Tick on Generate VID.
- Finally, click on Generate button.
|Generate VID – UIDAI Website|
Note: Virtual ID (VID) can be changed manually any number of times by following the above steps.