|How to link aadhaar with epf account online or offline|
Earlier, it was not mandatory to link aadhaar with your EPF account. But as per the latest circular released from the EPFO. It was clearly mentioned that from September 01, 2021 onwards linking an aadhaar card with your EPF account UAN is very much mandatory.
In this article, we will see the below topics related to linking an aadhaar with your EPF UAN account.
PF New Rules – Aadhaar Link with PF Account
- The first circular was released by EPFO stating that from June 01, 2021, onwards linking an aadhaar with an EPF account is mandatory.
- The EPFO, later on, decided to extend the deadline for linking an aadhaar with an EPF account that is starting from September 01, 2021.
- The next circular was released by EPFO on September 11, 2021, to further extend the deadline for linking an aadhaar with an EPF account till December 31, 2021. But this deadline is made extended only for some employees and also only for the northeast region pf employees.
The further extended date for linking an aadhaar with an EPF account till December 31, 2021, is only applicable for the below-listed employees and only for North East Region States.
North East States
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Beedi Making
- Building and Construction
- Plantation Industries (Tea, Coffee, Cardamon, Pepper, Jute, Rubber, Cinchona, Cashewnuts etc.)
b) PF Rules for Non-Aadhaar Linked PF Members
- The Employers will not be able to file an ECR to deposit the monthly pf contribution of both the employee share and employer share into the PF member’s account.
- The PF members cannot claim for advance pf withdrawal, full pf withdrawal or any online pf related services.
- The PF members will not be able to see the PF balance or Monthly PF contributions in their PF Member Passbook.
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account Online
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account Offline
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account – Umang App
FAQs on Linking Aadhaar with EPF Account
A. Yes. In a recent circular released by the EPFO, it is clearly mentioned that all pf members must link their aadhaar with their EPF account before 1st September 2021.
But special relaxation is given in that circular to some employees belonging to beedi making, building and construction organizations and north-east states by extending the aadhaar linking to EPF account deadline till 31st December 2021. Apart from these employees and states all other needs to mandatory link their aadhaar with their UAN.
A. Your Employer will not be able to file ECR for your monthly pf deducted contributions. Due to this, your monthly pf contribution and your employer’s contribution of pf shares will not be deposited into your epf account.
The other drawback is that even after login into your EPF Member Passbook. You will not be able to check your pf balance or download your pf passbook.
The major drawback of all is that you cannot claim for advance pf withdrawal, full pf withdrawal or any online epf related services.
Q4. Why I am getting errors such as “Aadhaar already available against UAN 1013XXXXXXXX is different than entered aadhaar XXXXXXXXX?
A. Because the aadhaar number entered is either invalid or not matching with the linked aadhaar with your UAN.
Q5. Which are the KYC documents that need to be verified with my EPF UAN account?
A. Pan Card, Aadhaar and Bank Account.