In this post, we will see how to Verify Aadhaar linked mobile number and Email ID in EPF UAN Account. Also we will understand, what is the use of verifying our aadhaar linked mobile number and E-Mail Id in our EPF account.
How to Verify or Change Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number in EPF UAN Account Online
Let’s see now, how to verify our existing aadhaar-linked mobile number or change our mobile number linked with an aadhaar card in step-by-step procedures.
Step 1: Sign in to EPF Unified Member Portal with your UAN, Password and Captcha (autogenerated)
Step 2: If you receive any alert, click on Later and proceed with the Manage option and click on Contact Details.
Step 3: Here, if you’re aadhaar-linked mobile number is showing “not verified”. Follow the below steps to make verified.
- Make sure you tick on “Verify or Change Mobile Number”
- Enter your aadhaar-linked mobile number
- Re-enter the aadhaar-linked mobile number
- Now, click on the Get Mobile OTP button
Step 4: Verification of Mobile OTP
- Enter the Pin Number (One Time Password) sent as an SMS to your aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Next, click on Validate Mobile OTP button.
Step 5: Verification of Aadhaar Linked Mobile
- Tick the box agreeing to provide your aadhaar number for verification.
- Now, click on the Get Authorization Pin button.
Now you will receive an OTP to your aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Enter Pin Number (One Time Password) and click on Save Changes.
You will now be able to see the message as “Mobile Number updated successfully” and your aadhaar-linked mobile number status will be shown as “Verified”.
After successfully verifying our aadhaar-linked mobile number in the unified member portal. Let’s see how to verify our Email Id too in the unified member portal.
How to Verify or Change Email ID in EPF UAN Account Online
Let’s follow a step-by-step procedure to verify or change our email id in the epf unified member portal.
Step 1: Here, if you’re registered email id is showing “not verified”. Follow the below steps to make verified.
- Click on Verify button
- Enter Pin Number (received as Pin to your registered email id)
- Click on Save Changes to verify your registered email id.
2) In case, if you have made up your mind to change the registered email id as you submitted before in the unified member portal, then follow the below steps.
- Tick the box to Change E-mail Id
- Enter New E-mail Id which you want to link with your epf unified member account.
- Now, Re-enter New Mail Id
- Click on the Get Authorization Pin button.
My Tip: It’s better to go with the same registered email id as added before in the unified member account unless you wish to change your email id.
You will now receive an SMS and email to your same registered or new email id, you’re willing to link with the epf unified member account.
Also, you will be able to see an Email Id updated successfully! message and registered email id status as “Verified”.
So in this way, we have successfully verified or updated our aadhaar-linked mobile number and email id in the unified member account.
I hope you guys found this article useful.
FAQ’s to Verify Aadhaar linked mobile number and Email ID in EPF UAN Account
What is the use of Verifying Aadhaar linked mobile number and Email ID in the EPF UAN Account?
Some of the uses of Verifying Aadhaar linked mobile number and Email ID in EPF UAN Accounts include providing reliable security to the PF member’s epf account and to minimize problems faced during resetting the password, checking pf balance, pf transfer and also to prevent any malicious activity by notifying to the PF members through email or SMS.