|PF Transfer Online – Form 13|
In this post we the pf members will see how to transfer our pf balance online from the old pf member id to the new pf member id. Also, we will understand why it is very important for us to transfer our old pf balance to the new pf member id. So, kindly follow all the steps mentioned in this post to avoid claim rejection after submitting claim form-13 for online pf transfer.
Important Points for PF Members
- Whenever we join a new organization new pf account will be created with the pf member id. Also, the UAN will be created for us which will remain constant irrespective of pf member id. In simple words, our UAN will remain the same but the pf member id will change whenever we join a new company.
- To view our PF member id login into EPF UAN Member Portal and under the View, click on Service History.
What if we don’t Transfer PF Online
Example: Rajith has worked for 2 companies. Let’s say company ABC (old) and XYZ (new). For any reason, Rajith has left the current company XYZ. After two months of his unemployment, Rajith decides to withdraw his full pf balance as well as pension balance by filling the form-19 and form-10c.
Now observe, Rajith has some remaining pf balance in the old company ABC and also Pf balance in the current leaving company XYZ. In this case, while filling the form 19 for withdrawing the PF balance. Rajith can withdraw only the PF balance from the company XYZ. The pf balance in the ABC company will remain as it is. This means that Rajith would have transferred his pf balance earlier from the company ABC to the company XYZ by filling the form-13 during his employment period. Then Rajith would have received pf balance of company ABC added with the company XYZ.
So always it’s better to transfer the old pf balance to a new pf account after joining a new company. It will be very helpful after the time of leaving the organization. If not it will be difficult to withdraw your old pf balance from the organization where you quit long back ago.
Note: Never leave your old pf balance as it is after joining a new organization or company. You should transfer your old pf balance to the new pf account by filling the form-13. It hardly takes 5 to 15 minutes to complete the online pf transfer process.
Use of PF Transfer Online
Points To Know Before PF Transfer Online
- The UAN has to be activated for the employees.
- The employee’s registered mobile number must be active.
- The employee’s bank account has to be linked with the UAN.
- The KYC verification has to be completed against the employee’s UAN.
- The previous employer and the new employer have registered authorised digital signatures.
- PF number or member ids of both the previous and current employer have to be there in the EPFO database.
Eligibility for PF Transfer Online
- The employee should have activated his/her UAN on the EPF portal.
- The employee’s bank KYC has to be verified and approved by the employer.
- Aaadhar’s Number must be linked with the UAN.
- The Date of Exit (DOE) must be updated against his/her PF member id.
- The PF transfer can be claimed only once against the previous pf member id of an employee.
PF Transfer Process Online
|UAN Member Portal Sign in|
Note: Before proceeding to Step 2 make sure your Date of Exit is mentioned against your previous member id.
|select the option One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)|
- Personal Information – The personal information of the employee such as Name, Mobile No, Email ID, Bank Account No, IFSC, and Aadhaar No is shown here.
- Details of the present account into which transfer will be affected – This section shows the details of the current employer into which the previous pf balance is to be transferred. In other words, your previous pf balance from the last company will be transferred to this pf account.
- Step 1: Select details of previous accounts (which are to be transferred) – The fields to be mentioned here are:
- Attestation through: Tick Previous Employer or Present Employer (select employer based on the availability of DSC authorized signatory)
- Enter your present Member ID or UAN (to which the previous balance is to be transferred)
- Now click on the Get Details button
- A new option called Establishment is visible now. Now select the previous company name from where your pf balance is to be transferred to your new pf account (select only the company where you haven’t transferred your pf balance)
- Now your previous employer’s details will be shown. Tick on the check box left to the Member Name
Tick the Present Employer option for Attestation since it will be very easy to communicate with the current employer rather than the previous employer.
Since your online pf transfer request will be sent to the present employer for approval. You can easily communicate with the present employer through mail or call and request them to approve your online pf transfer request if the pf transfer status is pending from their end.
- Step 2: Authenticate OTP & Submit – Click on Get OTP (OTP will be sent to the UAN registered mobile number) and entered the OTP received through SMS. Finally, click on the Submit button.
|Authenticate OTP and Submit|
You have completed filling out the PF transfer Online Form 13. Now your Online PF transfer request will be first sent to your employer for approval and then will be sent to the EPF field office.
Once the online pf transfer request is approved by the EPF Field Office. Your old pf balance will be transferred to the present pf account within 7 to 10 working days.
PF Transfer Online Claim Status
1) EPF Unified Member Portal
- Sign in to EPF Unified Member Portal with UAN, Password and Captcha code.
- Under the Online Services menu, click on Track Claim Status.
- Now, under the Transfer Claim Status section, you will be able to see the current status of your PF Transfer Online Form 13.
|Transfer claim status pending at present employer|
|Transfer claim status pending at field office|
Normally from 7 to 10 working days, the pf transfer claim will be “accepted by the field office” and your olf pf amount will be transferred to your existing pf account.
Refer to the below image to check the claim status after the claim is “accepted by the field office”.
|Transfer claim status shown as accepted by the field office in the unified member portal|
2) EPF Member Passbook (View Claim Status)
- Login to EPF Member Passbook with UAN, and Password, and solve the mathematical equation.
- Select the Member ID from where PF is transferred (previous member id)
- Click on View Claim Status to view the claim status details in EPF Member Passbook.
|Claim status under process in epf member passbook|
|Claim status shown settled in epf member passbook|
Also, check the total PF Balance after the old PF amount is transferred into the existing pf account in EPF Member Passbook.
PF Passbook Online in EPF Portal and Mobile
My PF Transfer Online
PF Transfer Cancel (Updated)
The EPFO has now added the new option of cancelling the PF transfer request submitted by the Pf members. Earlier the PF transfer cancellation could only be made either by the Employer or by the EPF department. But now the PF members can too cancel their PF Transfer requests.
1) Advantages of PF Transfer Cancel option to Employees
- If you have submitted your PF Transfer requests incorrectly.
- If you have submitted your PF Transfer request to your old organization instead of the new organization and your old organization is not approving your PF Transfer request.
- If you have already submitted your PF Transfer request to your old organization and your PF Transfer request is still pending. You can cancel the old PF Transfer request and submit a new PF Transfer request to the current organization you working on.
2) How to do PF Transfer Cancel
Let’s see how we can cancel our PF Transfer request in step-by-step procedures
Step 1: Sign in to Unified Member Portal with your UAN, Password and Captcha.
Step 2: Click on Later if an alert has occurred.
Step 3: Under Online Services, click on TRACK CLAIM STATUS
Step 4: Now scroll down and under Transfer Claim Status, you will be able to see the Cancel button against your submitted PF Transfer request. Click on the CANCEL button.
Note: PF Transfer Cancel button will be visible until your PF Transfer is pending with the Employer.
FAQs Related to PF Transfer Online
Q1. Can I immediately transfer my old pf balance to the new pf account?
A. To transfer your old pf balance to the new pf account, the date of exit must be updated against your old pf member id.
Q2. Can I transfer my pf account from one company to another?
A. Yes. The pf balance from the old pf account can be transferred to the current pf account by filling out the online form 13.
Q3. Can I withdraw my pf without transferring pf?
A. Yes with certain limitations. Due to the covid pandemic, the EPFO has provided the option for all of the pf members to withdraw their pf balance from their old pf account by filling out the advance pf form 31 and the reason to be mentioned is an outbreak of pandemic (covid-19).
Q4. Are there any documents for transfer pf online?
A. No. But aadhaar and bank KYC need to be verified and completed with your UAN.
Q5. Why I am getting the error “Failed to send OTP!!! Please try again later!!!!”?
A. This error is possibly due to non-active in the webpage of the Unified Member Portal for some time. So after being ideal for some time if you click on Get OTP during the Online PF Transfer process. you will get the above error as mentioned. You just need to log out and log in again to the Unified Member Portal.
Q6. How to check my online claim status of pf transfer?
A. Sign in to Unified Member Portal and under the Online Services menu click on Track Claim Status to view your current claim status of pf transfer.
Q7. How long it will take to transfer pf online?
Q8. Why there is a delay in transferring the old pf balance to the new pf account?
A. Once the online pf transfer form 13 is submitted. The transfer pf request is first sent to the employer and then sent to the EPF field office. If the employer takes more time to approve the transfer request or it is not approved yet. Then there will be more delay from the expected period.
So, the employee needs to make sure that the employer is aware of the online pf transfer request sent by the employee. Once the employer approves the pf transfer request, the request will be sent to the EPF field office. The field office will normally take 7 to 10 working days to process the pf transfer request.