Today, we are going to see how to raise EPF Grievance online for all our EPF related complaints.
We will see here various scenarios for why raising a complaint through the PF Grievance Website or Portal is very much essential for being a PF member.
So let’s get started to know how EPF Grievance works to make our PF journey much easier.
What is EPF i Grievance Management system?
The EPF Grievance Management system is an online platform made available to all registered PF employees employers and EPS pensioners by EPF Organization to raise any EPF related complaints. It is a very powerful portal or website where PF employees can address their EPF complaints and get a solution for their complaints.
It allows PF members to raise any EPF complaints, check the current status of the EPF complaints, also can set a reminder if the complaint is still pending and much more just within a single website.
Use of EPF Grievance for Employees
Let’s see some scenarios where PF members can make use of the PF Grievance Portal.
The PF members can raise PF Grievance online if they face the below issues:
- EPF Withdrawal amount is still not credited to the PF members bank account and is taking time than the required time.
- If the PF Transfer request for transferring old PF balance to the exiting PF account fails without any valid reason.
- If any claim is failed or rejected by the EPF officials without mentioning proper reasons or good response is not given.
- PF Pensioner facing issues with PF pension.
- The PF members facing issue with their Scheme Certificate.
Note: The above-provided list is some examples. There are many other EPF issues that PF members have to go through during their EPF journey. So one solution for all the EPF related problems is PF Grievance.
Services available in EPF Grievance Portal
- EPF complaints can be raised by PF member, Employer, EPF Pensioner and others.
- Reminder option is made available to send reminder for pending EPF complaints.
- PF Grievance facility is also available in the UMANG App.
- EPF complaint status can be checked anytime.
- Uploading of more than one Grievance document is possible.
- You can submit your feedback regarding your EPF complaints raised in EPF Grievance Portal
Note: There are many other services too that can be explored by using PF Grievance Portal.
Points to Remember before raising EPF complaints in EPF Grievance Portal
1) Key Points before registering EPF Complaints
- Make sure you raise your EPF related complaints only if the claim submitted is not settled or is still pending and taking more time than the expected time.
- If you raise EPF complaints immediately or much earlier than the actual time. You may not be able raise your EPF complaints in PF Grievance Portal
For better understanding let’s take two examples where a PF member tries to raise an EPF complaint on PF Grievance Portal.
Example 1: One of the PF members named Manish has submitted a PF Transfer claim request in EPFO Member Portal on March 16th. But he was impatient after waiting for 3 days. He tried to raise an EPF complaint about the PF Transfer request on Mar 20th. Since there was a maximum waiting period of 7 days for PF Transfer requests in the EPF Grievance Portal. He couldn’t raise an EPF complaint.
Example 2: One of the PF members named Rajith has submitted a PF Transfer claim request in EPF Unified Member Portal on March 16th. But he was patient enough to wait for at least 7 days. He tried to raise EPF Grievance about the PF Transfer request on Mar 24th. He successfully raised a complaint in PF Grievance.
2) Waiting Time for EPF related claims
- Waiting time for EPF Transfer claim requests is 7 days
- Waiting time for EPF PF Adavance withdrawal with covid-19 claim requests is 4 days
Note: The waiting time may vary with the time for various EPF claims submitted.
Bonus Tip: Always keep a waiting time of a minimum of 15 days for any claim submitted. If still no response is received from the EPF department, then raise complaints in the EPF Grievance Portal.
3) Advantage of using claim id
- If you select Do you have claim-ID? as “Yes”, then it will be very much easy for EPF department to track your claim status and resolve all your EPF complaints very much quickly.
After keeping the above points in our mind. Let’s follow below step by step procedures to register PF Grievance.
How to fill EPF Grievance Registration form
Step 1: Go to the official EPF Grievance Portal by clicking on EPFIGMS
Step 2: To raise any EPF complaints, click on Register Grievance
- Now, select Status from the given four options depending on your type. (Since am a PF Member I have selected status as a PF Member)
Case 1: If you don’t have a claim id with you or don’t remember your claim id applied for EPF Withdrawals, EPF Transfer or any EPF related claims. Also, if you haven’t submitted any EPF claim requests.
- Select Do you have claim-ID? as “No”
- Go to Step 4
Case 2: If you have a claim id with you applied for EPF Withdrawals, EPF Transfer or any EPF related claims.
- Select Do you have claim-ID? as “Yes”
- Enter your UAN Number, Claim Number, Claim Date.
- Select Covid Claim as “Yes” if claim is made with covid reason or else select “No”.
- Go to Step 4
Step 4: Now enter your Universal Account Number, Security Code and click on the GET DETAILS button. You will see a section with your UAN Details which includes your Universal Account Number, Name, Email Address and Mobile Number as per your EPF records. Now scroll down and go to Step 5.
Step 5: Click on the GET OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP sent to your aadhaar registered mobile number
- Also OTP will be sent to your Email ID (sometimes may not receive)
- Submit received OTP number.
- After OTP verified successfully. Go to Step 6.
Step 6: Enter all your Personal Details as mentioned below.
- Specify your Gender
- Enter Address for Communication
- Enter Pincode of your city
- Enter your Country of origin
- Enter your residing State
- Enter your Alternate Contact Number (optional)
- Enter Security Code
Step 7: Under Grievance Details, select the PF number for which you want to raise PF Grievance.
Step 8: Enter below Grievance details against your PF Number.
- Select Grievance related to PF Office/Employer/EDLI/Pre Pension.
- Select Grievance Category related to your EPF complaint.
- Explain the issue you’re facing related to EPF in Grievance Description field.
- Upload PDF Document (optional). Click on Attach.
- Finally click on ADD button.
Bonus Tip: You can upload documents only in PDF format such as online form (Form 13, Form 31, etc) submitted in the Unified Member Portal. If not it can be left empty.
Step 9: Click on EDIT if you would like to make any changes in your filled Grievance Details.
If all the details entered in the Grievance Details are correct, then click on SUBMIT button to raise PF Grievance.
Finally, we have raised PF Grievance successfully.
Also, keep a note of the registration number for every EPF complaint raised in the PF Grievance Portal. It will be very useful to track EPF complaint status.
How can I check my EPF Grievance status
Once we have raised our EPF complaints in the PF Grievance Portal. We want to know the progress of our EPF complaints.
So let’s see how to check our EPF complaint status in step by step procedures.
Step 1: Go to the official website of EPF Grievance Management System
Step 2: Click on the View Status menu.
Step 3: Enter the relevant fields in the View Status Form.
- Enter Registration Number received after lodging EPF complaint in PF Grievance.
- Enter Grievance Password or Mobile Number/Email Address.
- Enter Security Code.
- Finally, click on the SUBMIT button
Now, You will be able to view the complaint status in a detailed manner.
How to Send Reminder for EPF Grievance Complaint
Sometimes, we may see a delay in the response from EPF officials for the raised EPF complaints. In that case, we have an option to send a reminder in the Grievance Portal.
Let’s see how to send a reminder step by step.
Step 1: Visit the official website of EPF Grievance
Step 2: Now, click on Send Reminder option.
Step 3: Enter required fields in the Send Reminder Form.
- Enter the Registration Number received after lodging EPF complaint in the PF Grievance Portal.
- Enter Grievance Password or Mobile Number/Email Address.
- Enter few words in Reminder Description.
- Enter the Security Code.
- Now, click on the SUBMIT button.
You have now successfully sent a reminder to the concerned department on the Grievance website.
For members looking for an epf grievance Whatsapp number, there is no dedicated Whatsapp number for epf grievance. But instead, they can use the Whatsapp Helpline number provided on the official website of Employee’s Provident Fund Organization, India.
FAQ’s about EPF Grievance
1) How can I submit my PF Grievance?
You can submit your PF Grievance by following the below steps.
Step 1: Visit https://epfigms.gov.in/ website.
Step 2: Click on Register Grievance
Step 3: Select Status as PF Member/EPS Pensioner/Employer/Others
Step 4: Select Do you have claim-ID as Yes or No
Step 5: If you select claim-ID as yes, then enter your UAN Number, Claim Number, Claim Date and select Covid Claim as Yes or No and click on Submit.
Step 6: Enter your Universal Account Number, Security Code and click on Get Details.
Step 7: Click on Get OTP and enter the OTP received to your mobile number.
Step 8: Under Personal Details, select the PF number for which you’re registering PF Grievance.
Step 9: Under Grievance Details, select Grievance Related To PF Office/Employer/EDLI/Pre Pension.
Step 10: Select Grievance Category for lodging PF Grievance.
Step 11: Enter Grievance Description
Step 12: Upload PDF document (optional), click on attach and Add.
Step 13: Finally click on Submit button to register PF Grievance.
2) How many days does PF Grievance take?
It usually takes around 15 to 30 days to resolve your EPF complaint registered in PF Grievance.
3) Where can I lodge a complaint against EPF?
You can lodge your complaint against EPF by visiting https://epfigms.gov.in/ and then clicking on Register Grievance.
4) What is the Grievance Registration number?
A Grievance Registration number is a unique number generated on registering a grievance.
5) Can I upload multiple documents in EPF Grievance Portal?
No. You can upload only one document that can be in PDF format.
6) Can I register multiple grievances?
Yes. But you have to wait for some days after registering your last grievance.