|How to do e-Nomination Online in EPF Portal|
What is e-nomination in epfo?
Is filing an e-nomination mandatory?
The answer is yes and no.
Suppose an employee is in the service period or withdrawing monthly pension after retirement. He/She may not be worried about updating e-nomination in EPF Portal. However, the real use of e-nomination comes when an employee is no more alive (dead). Then the nominees/family members have to struggle to claim for their deceased spouse/son/daughter’s pf amount, pension amount, & life insurance coverage under EDLI.
If you haven’t done your e-Nomination then you may sometimes or may often see that you will not be able to view your PF passbook balance.
Note: The EPFO can make e-nomination mandatory over time. So it’s always better to be on the safer side by filing an e-nomination.
Let’s take two scenarios in one case the PF member has updated his/her nomination and in another case, the nomination is not updated in the EPF UAN Member portal
Case 1: Nomination updated by the pf member.
- In this case, if there is a sudden death of a PF member, his/her nominees can easily claim his pf benefits. This was possible because the PF member has already filed an e-nomination and mentioned the nominee’s details in it.
Benefits of EPF e-nomination for nominees
In case of Member’s Death (Death Claim)
- The monthly retirement (after 58 years) pension of an employee can be claimed by nominees under EPS Scheme by filling out the Online/Offline Form 10D.
- Total PF contribution and Pension amount under Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) in the PF account can be claimed by nominees by filling the Online Form 19 & 10C.
- Total PF contribution and Pension amount under the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) in the PF account of a member can be claimed by nominees by filling out the Offline Composite Form (a combination of Form 19, Form 10C, and Form 31).
- The insurance coverage from 2.5 lacks to 7 lacks under Employee Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) can be claimed by the nominees.
Points to Remember before filing e-nomination
- The PF member’s profile Picture must be uploaded to the EPF Member Portal.
- The member details like permanent address and other details should be updated.
- The pf member can add multiple nominees in e-nomination (if the member is married he/she can add wife/husband, son, and daughter in the nomination list else if the member is unmarried he/she can add their parents).
- The required nominee details are: Aadhaar Card, Bank Details (with Account Number and IFSC Code), and Digital Photo (size must be less than 100 KB)
- If you’re filing for self-e-nomination, then the required details are the Aadhaar virtual id, Aadhaar KYC, and Aadhaar linked mobile number.
Recommended to read
Eligibility to file e-nomination in EPF Portal Online
- Sign In to Unified Member Portal with the UAN, Password, and Captcha Code.
- Under View Menu click on Profile and make sure your profile photo and all your member details are updated correctly.
|Photo & Other Details Updated under Profile – EPF Member’s Portal|
How to Fill e-nomination in EPF Portal Online
Step 1: Enter your UAN, password and captcha code and Sign in to EPF Unified Portal
|UAN Member Portal Sign in|
Step 2: Under the Manage menu, select and click on E-Nomination.
|Click on E-NOMINATION – EPF E-Nomination|
Step 3: Ensure all your details are updated correctly in the Profile section. (except FPS need not update manually). Now click on Proceed button.
|Profile Details – E-Nomination|
Update: As per the latest update from EPFO, adding nominee’s bank details is not mandatory and if you found no option to fill nominee’s bank details, don’t be worried because EPFO have not made it mandatory to submit your nominee’s bank details.
- Enter the nominee’s Aadhaar No (12 digit aadhaar no).
- Enter the nominee’s Name (Full Name with a maximum of 85 characters).
- Enter the nominee’s Date of Birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format).
- Enter the nominee’s Gender.
- Enter the nominee’s Relation with the pf member.
- Enter the nominee’s Full Address.
- Enter the nominee’s Bank Account Details. (Not mandatory)
- Add Guardian (only if the nominee is less than 18 years of age).
- Upload the nominee’s Photo (image size less than 100KB).
- If more than one nominee is to be added to the e-nomination then click on Add Row and enter the required details in a similar way as to enter the first nominee.
- Tick on the checkbox (here pf member opens the PF benefits under EPF Scheme for his/her nominee which nominees can claim on behalf of the pf member)
- Finally, click on Save Family Details after verifying all the details are mentioned in the correct order. You will receive a confirmation message as “Family details saved successfully”.
|Save Family Details – EPF E-Nomination|
- The above fields with the * symbol are compulsory to fill and can’t be left empty.
- Bank Account Details can be left empty and can be added whenever you want.
- Unmarried PF members can add the nominee as the dependent father and dependent mother.
- A married PF member can add a nominee as Wife/Husband/Son/Daughter etc.
- Guardian details are added only if the nominee is less than 18 years old.
- The nominee’s photo to be uploaded should be of size 3.5cm x 4.5cm (passport size), jpeg format and image size should be less than 100KB.
Step 5: Scroll down to see saved family details in the EPF Nomination section. Now in the EPF Nomination column first select the check box, enter the total amount of shares (%) and then click on the Save EPF Nomination button.
You will receive a confirmation message as “EPF details saved successfully”.
|Save EPF Nomination – EPF E-Nomination|
Step 6: Now under EPS Nomination enter all the details similar to Step 4 and then click on the Save EPS Nomination button.
|Save EPS Nomination – EPF E-Nomination|
Step 7: You will receive a confirmation message as “EPS details saved successfully”.
|Pending Nomination – EPF E-Nomination|
- To view the two-page declaration and nomination form under EPF and EPS click on the View icon.
- To make any changes in Family details or EPF Nomination and EPS Nomination click on the Edit icon.
- To delete e-nomination details click on the Delete icon (only when the e-nomination entries are invalid).
- To complete the pending nomination, click on the e-Sign icon.
- Click on Proceed button to register e-sign.
- You will be taken to the Digital India website for demographic authentication. Now enter your virtual id (16 digits temporary id mapped with an aadhaar number received to your registered mobile number), tick the check box and then click on Verify button.
- Now you will be redirected to another page. Tick the check box (I hereby give my consent for using e-KYC services data from AADHAAR to sign a document and generate a Digital Signature)
- You will now be taken to Aadhar Based e-Authentication web page. Now, Enter your virtual id/Aadhaar Number (enter 16 digits VID or 12 digits aadhaar number here), click on Get OTP and enter your Aadhaar OTP (received as an SMS through aadhaar registered mobile number), tick the check box (I have read and provided my consent) and finally click on Submit button.
|Nomination Successful – EPF E-Nomination|
How to Edit or Change Nominee details for e nomination (Updated)
Sometimes there arises a situation where PF members want to add a new nominee or are willing to delete the added nominee details.
So let’s see how to edit or make changes or delete the nominee’s details from the e-nomination
Step 1: Visit EPF unified member portal
Step 2: Now, enter your UAN, Password, and Captcha and click on the Sign in button.
Step 3: Click on the Alert Later.
Step 4: Now, under the Manage option click on E-NOMINATION.
If you’ve already added your Nominee details you will be able to see Nomination Status, Details, Date and Time under Nomination History.
Now, you may wonder there is no edit or delete option to delete or add a new nominee to the EPF account.
Go to Step 5.
Step 5: Click on Enter New Nomination (this will allow you to re-add the nominee details from the beginning and the previously added nominee details will be cancelled or deleted). This means you will be filing an e-nomination from the beginning and your old nominee details will be cancelled.
Note: Use Step 5 only if you’re sure to make any changes or delete your previously added nominee from the EPF account.
Rules for EPF-EPS nomination
- The access towards the PF member’s pf contribution under EPF and pension share under EPS is permissible once the pf member’s nominees are added to the e-nomination.
- The pf member can add a guardian to the e-nomination if his/her son/daughter is a minor (less than 18 years).
- If the PF member has not nominated any of his family members before the time of death, then his/her pf share and pension share will be equally distributed among the family members.
- If the member is unmarried then the nominees would likely be his/her dependent father/mother.
- If the member is married then the nominees would likely be his/her husband/wife.
FAQs related to e-nomination
Can I do an e-nomination without uploading my profile picture to the EPF portal?
No. To make an e-nomination, the PF member has to compulsorily upload his/her profile with a size of 3.5cm x 4.5cm (passport size), the image size should be less than 100KB and should be in jpg or jpeg format.
When to add Guardian details in the e-nomination?
If the nominee is less than 18 years of age.
Why add family details in e-nomination?
To receive EPF and EPS claim benefits on behalf of PF members.
What if pf member has not updated the e-nomination?
It will be very difficult for the family members to claim his/her pf and pension benefits.
How much percentage of PF or pension share can be distributed among the nominees?
The total sum of the share of all nominees will be 100% irrespective of their individual shares.
Is e-nomination mandatory for pf withdrawal?
No. As of now, The EPFO has not made e-nomination mandatory for pf withdrawals.
Do we need to add the nominee’s bank details?
No. As per the latest update from EPFO, adding the nominee’s bank details is not mandatory for PF members.
Why am I unable to view the PF passbook balance?
One of the reasons could be that you haven’t filed your e-nomination yet.