Earlier, the Date of Exit is only made available to the employer. So employee has to wait to withdraw his/her PF balance. Once the employer marks the Date of Exit (DOE), then only the employee can withdraw the PF balance.
But now the EPFO has made it easy for the pf account holders to mark their Date of Exit by themselves without the help of the employer.
The Date of Exit can be easily marked online in the UAN Member portal.
In this post, we will see How to mark the Date of Exit online and others factors included in it.
What is the Date of Exit in EPF?
The date of exit is the last contribution made for that particular month by the employer towards the employee’s pf account. The last contribution is made by the employer after the employee leaves the organization.
Points to Remember before updating Date of Exit
- Your Aadhar has to be linked with your UAN.
- Your mobile number has to be linked with an aadhaar.
- The Date of Exit can be updated after 2 months of the last contribution made by the employer. Example: If the last pf contribution made by the employer is in April, then the employee can mark the date of exit on July.
How to check for the Date of Exit in the UAN Portal
- Under the View menu, click on SERVICE HISTORY.
- Below you will see a list of all Service Details from the past to the current working.
- Now check for DOE EPF and DOE EPS column with the arrow pointing towards it.
- If the DOE is showing NOT AVAILABLE, then the employer has not marked the DOE for you after leaving the job for more than 2 months.
- In the below image first member id against DOE is marked successfully. The second member id is not marked and showing Not Available. The third member id is the current working organization (no need to mark DOE).
Note: Check your DOE with your Member id and Establishment Name.
After finding out that DOE is not marked. Now, let’s see step by step how to mark DOE online in the UAN Member Portal.
Detailed 12 Steps to Update Date of Exit on UAN Member Portal
Step 2: Under the Manage menu, click on MARK EXIT
Step 3: Select Employment of your member id associated with your company.
Step 4: Now check for Employer’s Last Contribution (month).
Step 5: Now, select any Date of Exit (EPF) corresponding to the Employer’s Last Contribution (month).
Note: In my case, I had selected the 31st of the corresponding month. You can select the same or any date you want. But the month should be the same as that of the Employer’s Last Contribution.
Step 6: Select Date of Exit(EPF), Re-select Date of Exit(EPF), and Select reason of Exit.
- CESSATION (SHORT SERVICE) – Any other reasonable option can be selected as the reason for Exit or else other reason that suits your requirement.
Step 7: After re-confirming that all details provided are correct, then click on Request OTP.
Step 8: Click Yes to the alert message after confirming all details.
Step 9: Enter the 6 digit Aadhaar based OTP (30 seconds timer will start for OTP).
Step 10: After entering the 6 digit OTP, tick the checkbox (I have read the below points carefully), and click on Submit button.
Step 11: Click on the Update button of the alert message received.
Step 12: Now finally click OK to the success alert message received.
Hurray, DOE is now successfully updated without the help of an employer.
Check for Updated Date of Exit (DOE)
- After clicking on OK from the above Step 12. You will be able to see the Date of Exit updated successfully for that particular member id.
FAQ’s Related to Date of Exit (DOE)
Q1) Who will update the date of exit in epf?
Ans: Usually, the employer updates the date of exit in epf. In case the date of exit is not mentioned in the epf. Employees need not be dependent on the employer. He/She can update the date of exit online.
Q2) How to check the date of exit in epf?
Ans: The date of exit can be checked by logging in to UAN Member Portal
and under View
click on Service History
Q3) What is the date of exit in epf?
Ans: The date of exit is the last contribution made for that particular month by the employer towards the employee’s pf account. The last contribution is made by the employer after the employee leaves the organization.
Q4) When an employee can update the date of exit?
Ans: Employee can update date of exit after 2 months of employer’s last pf contribution towards the employee’s pf account.
Q5) What is the benefit of the date of exit in epf?
Ans: The benefit is that the employee can withdraw pf amount only after the date of exit is updated in the UAN portal. The other two benefits are that the pf account holder can transfer the old pf balance to the new pf balance and also can withdraw the full epf balance in case of more than 2 months of unemployment.