|PF Passbook Online in EPF Portal and Mobile|
In this article we will see how to use PF Passbook to check our PF balance, pension balance, annual rate of interest and all related to transactions made.
Points to Remember before login EPF Passbook
- The PF members can only log in to the PF passbook only if they are registered on the Unified Member Portal.
- The new PF members should wait at least 6 hours to log in PF passbook after doing registration on the Unified Member Portal.
- If the login password is changed in the Unified Member Portal by the PF member. Then the pf member has to wait for at least 6 hours to log in with the same password in the Member’s PF Passbook.
- You can check the passbook of only those members whose pf contribution amount is deposited in the EPFO field offices
- A passbook facility will not be available for those members where members’ pf contributions are managed by the company with the other trust, pf settled members and Inoperative members.
How to check pf passbook details
|Member Login EPF Passbook – EPF Passbook Portal|
|Select Member ID – EPF Passbook Portal|
Note: The PF member’s pf number or member id is sorted in descending order (the new company is listed at the top and the last working company is listed at the bottom).
- Select Finacial Year – The financial year starts from April 1 to March 31st. You can check your PF passbook for that particular financial year by selecting the year from the dropdown list or by clicking on the Previous Year or Next Year button.
- Wage Month – This is the month when PF and pension amounts are deposited to the pf member’s account. You can also see the claim initiated during this month.
- Particulars – Under this option you can see what type of transactions take place in terms of PF contribution made by both employee and employer also the pension contribution made by the employer. Moreover, You can also see the claim made i.e advance pf withdrawal or any other pf claims.
- Opening Balance – This is nothing but the closing balance of the previous financial year from March to February with Interest details added.
- Date of Credit/Withdrawal – On this date, the contribution of pf and pension amount credited is shown in the passbook. Also, the withdrawal date is displayed in case the member place request to withdraw partial pf or other claim-related withdrawals.
- EPF Wages – This is the pf member’s basic salary for the month in the passbook.
- EPS Wages – This also shows the pf member’s basic salary for the month in the passbook.
- Deposits – Under this option, you will see Employee Share and Employer Share. The monthly employee and employer share can be seen in the Monthly cont column.
The Employee Share and Employer share are deposited for the particular month in the passbook.
The Employee Share is nothing but the deduction of 12% of the employee’s basic salary. For Example: If Akash’s monthly basic salary is 14,842, then after pf deduction of 12%, the Employee Share in the passbook will be shown as 1,781 (i.e Basic Salary [14,842]*12%).
The Employer Share is the deduction of 3.67% of the employee’s basic salary. For Example: If Akash’s monthly basic salary is 14,842, then after pf contribution of 3.67%, the Employer Share in the passbook will be shown as 545 (i.e Basic Salary [14,842]*3.67%).
- Taxable – If the total PF contribution per year is more than 2,50,000, then the taxable amount will be shown under this table else Non-Taxable.
- Withdrawals – If the pf member makes a pf withdrawal only from the Employee Share, then the withdrawal amount is shown in the Employee Share column and if he/she makes a withdrawal from both Employee and Employer Share, then the corresponding withdrawal amount will be shown in Employee share as well as in Employer Share.
- Pension Contributions – Here you can see the pension contribution of 8.33% made by the employer to the employee’s basic salary. For example, if Akash’s monthly basic salary is 14,842, then after the employer’s pension contribution of 8.33%, the Pension Contributions amount in the passbook will be shown as 1,236 (i.e Basic Salary [14,842]*8.33%).
- Int. given against Claim: PF Number: In this column, we can see the total interest rate calculated for the financial year on both monthly employee and employer contributions
- Closing Balance – It is the total remaining balance in the PF member’s passbook.
The calculation for the Closing balance with Employee Share is made as [ Opening Balance + Employee Share + Interest ].
The calculation for the Closing balance with Employer Share is made as [ Opening Balance + Employer Share + Interest ].
The calculation for the Closing balance with Pension Contributions is made as [ Opening Balance + Employee Share ].
- Transactions for Due-Month: This column shows the multiple transactions made for that particular month related to monthly pf contributions and other PF claim settlements such as PF advance withdrawal etc.
Note: To check your total PF balance [Total Closing Balance of Employee Share (Monthly. Cont column) + Total Closing Balance of Employer Share (Deposits column) ]
|View Passbook [ NEW YEARLY ] – EPF Member Passbook|
- Claim ID – This is a member id/pf number of an employee.
- Claim Receipt Date – The date on which the pf member files the claim.
- Claim Form Type – Form filled by an employee.
- Para Details – Reason for a claim filed.
- Total Amount Approved – The amount claimed by an employee.
- Dispatch Date – It is the data of the claim amount to be dispatched.
- Claim Status – It is the current status of the claim.
- Remarks – It is an additional comment mentioned by the EPFO officials to describe how the claim is settled or in case of claim rejection.
|View Passbook Claim Status – EPF Member Passbook|
EPF Passbook download
- Click on View Passbook [ NEW: YEARLY ] and then click on Download Passbook. Your Passbook will be downloaded as a PDF file and you will be able to view all the transactions related to your PF account made on the yearly basis in the passbook.
EPF Interest Calculated PDF download
Earlier there was no option to see how the interest is calculated. But now EPFO added the new option in the pdf file to make it easy for the pf members to know about the PF interest calculation.
The information about PF interest calculation can be read in English and Hindi language.
Click on the below link to download the PF Interest Calculation PDF file
PF Passbook in Mobile -Umang app
- If you are not able to log in with OTP, then try login in with MPIN.
- In case you forgot your MPIN click on Forgot MPIN? and enter your mobile number to generate a new MPIN.
- If you are not able to log in with both methods. Close the Umang App and log in again.
Step 2: Type EPFO in search and select the EPFO option under Department.
Step 3: Now under Employee Centric Services click on View Passbook.
Step 4: Enter your UAN, click on Get OTP, enter the OTP received through SMS and finally click on the Submit button.
Step 5: Now, select your member id with your company name.
Step 6: Here, check your pf balance with both employee and employer share in it. Add both employee and employer shares altogether to get your total Pf balance. Also, you can see the pension balance (i.e Pension Contribution) as well.
|PF Passbook in Mobile – Umang App|
FAQs related to EPF Passbook
A. If you’re a new PF registered member on the UAN Portal. Wait for at least 6 hours and then try to log in to PF Passbook.
In case you changed the password in the UAN Portal. You have to wait for at least 6 hours to log in with the same new password in the PF Passbook.