In this particular post, we will get to know about a list of all pf forms been used by the employee.
If you’re a PF account holder and still haven’t used these forms before. You will be using it in the nearer future.
So it’s very important to know about these forms before filling them.
Let’s get started by covering the below topics.
What is EPFO
Employee Provident Fund Organization is a government organization backed by the Central Government that provides benefits to its pf members under EPF, EDLI, and EPS.
These benefits can be availed by the pf members by filling the various forms assigned.
EPF Forms: List of all Employee PF Forms
PF Forms Listed for Employee
|PF Forms||Benefits of PF Forms|
|Form 2||For declaration and nomination for EPF and EPS|
|Form 5||Registration of new employees for EPF and EPS account|
|Form 5(IF)||Claim settled under EDLI in case of employee’s death|
|Form 10C||To draw pension amount under EPS|
|Form 10D||To receive a monthly pension after retirement|
|Form 11||To perform the auto-transfer of EPF|
|Form 13||To transfer old pf account share amount to the new pf account|
|Form 14||LIC Payment with pf account|
|Form 15G||To save TDS for any interest earned from EPF (employee < 60 age)|
|Form 15H||To save TDS for any interest earned from EPF (employee >= 60 age)|
|Form 19||To withdraw pf share (final settlement)|
|Form 20||Full and Final settlement of EPF share in case of employee’s death|
|Form 31||To withdrawal advance pf|
PF Forms Explained for Employee
Let’s come across each PF Form for Employee with a detailed explanation below.
EPF Form 2
- Form 2 is the form filled by the pf employee for declaration and nomination for EPF and EPS accounts under one UAN No.
- In this form, the employee can nominate only father/mother, son/daughter, and wife/husband only.
- The nominated members are only eligible to claim for employee’s pf share amount as well as pension share amount under Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) in case of employee’s death during the ongoing service.
- If the employee’s nominated (nominee) member is a minor (less than 18 years), then the minor’s guardian name can be specified in the nominee list.
- This form can be submitted multiple times and it is compulsory after the employee’s marriage.
- Form 2 can be filled both offline and online particularly through member’s unified portal
Download PF Form 2
You can view or download Form 2 from the EPFO India official website.
EPF Form 5
- Form 5 is the declaration form filled by the employer to show all the new employees who joined the company for every particular month and who are eligible for EPF, EPS, and EDLI for the first time are intended to open an EPF account.
- The employer has to fill the form 5 even though there are no employees been employed for that particular month. Instead, the employer can mention it as nil in the employee’s data field and sent it to the EPF commissioner office before the 25th of the month.
- Also, the important point is that the employer must refer to the employee’s filled form 2 and form 11 while filling the form 5.
- From the employer’s point of view, if the employee has joined the organization after the 25th of the month, let say 28th April, then form 5 needs to be submitted on or before the 25th of the next month i.e 25th May.
Download PF Form 5
You can view or download Form 5 from the EPFO India official website.
EPF Form 5(IF)
- This form is submitted under Employee Deposit Linked Issue (EDLI) 1976 to claim insurance benefits of the employee in case of sudden death during the service in the organization.
- This form has to fill only by the employee’s nominee and then can only avail insurance benefits.
- In case, the nominee is a minor (less than 18 years of age), then the guardian has to fill the form on behalf of the minor.
- In fact, to claim the benefits, the form has to be get attested by the employer. If it’s not possible then the other option is to get attested by a gazetted officer.
- In case, the nominee is not specified by the employee before the employee’s death during the service, then the family can claim insurance benefits by submitting an offline form to the pf commissioner.
Download PF Form 5(IF)
You can view or download Form 5 IF from the EPFO India official website.
- Form 10C is a withdrawal form to claim pension amount accumulated in the employee’s EPS balance under Employee Pension Scheme (EPS).
- In the case of an unemployed employee for more than 2 months, the full and final settlement is done by withdrawing the full EPF balance by filling the form 19 for withdrawing epf balance and then form 10c for withdrawing pension share balance.
- The pension amount is withdrawable only if the employee’s service period in the organization is less than 10 years.
- The other important factor to notice is this form is very useful for getting the scheme certificate (which is used for transferring your EPS balance from one employer to another).
Download PF Form 10C
You can view or download Form 10C from the EPFO India official website.
- Form 10D is used to claim a monthly pension after the retirement of the employee.
- To avail of this form, the employee has to complete 10 years of service in the particular organization.
- Also, the criteria required to get a monthly pension is that the employee must have reached 58 years of age.
- The maximum pension employee can get under EPS is Rs 7,500 per month and the minimum is Rs 1,000 per month.
- In case of an employee’s death after retirement, his/her spouse will receive the monthly pension.
- If an employee becomes disable permanently due to illness or accident, then he/she is eligible to receive a monthly pension regardless of serving the minimum pension serviceable period.
- To be eligible for pension she/his employer has to contribute EPS share under the EPS scheme at least for one month.
Download PF Form 10D
You can view or download Form 10D from the EPFO India official website.
EPF Form 11
Form 11 is the declaration form filled by the new employee to the employer to transfer his previous company’s pf account (UAN No) to the new company’s pf account. So UAN No will remain the same from the old to the new account, only member id and pf account number will change. If a new joining employee is not been employed previously in any company and doesn’t have a pf account. In that case, the employee has to submit details like aadhaar card, date of birth, and father’s name to the employer. So, the employer can generate a new UAN No for the employee and avail of PF benefits thereafter.
Download PF Form 11
You can view or download Form 11 from the EPFO India official website.
- Form 13 is used to withdraw the pf balance from the old pf account to the new pf account.
- This form is incorporated in the composite claim form where the account transfer can be applied directly at the time of changing the job.
- The important point to notice is that the Date of Exit (DOE) has to be mentioned by the employer, then only the employee can transfer his old pf share to a new pf account.
Download PF Form 13
You can view or download Form 13 from the EPFO India official website.
EPF Form 14
- Form 14 is used to pay LIC policy straightway from your pf balance.
- Once you fill this form, you will have to get it attested by the employer and submit it to the EPF Commissioner.
Download PF Form 14
You can view or download Form 14 from the EPFO India official website.
- Form 15G is eligible to fill for the employees reaching the age below 60 years
- The benefit of this form is to save TDS on the interest earned from EPF.
- The TDS won’t be applicable in the below case.
- If an employee has served 5 years of continuous service in the organization.
- If an employee’s service is terminated due to ill health or any financial reason regardless of serving less than 5 years of service.
- If an employee has served a total of 5 years of service which includes the old organization plus the current organization.
- The TDS will be applicable in the below case.
- If an employee has not served 5 years of service and pf amount is more than Rs. 50,000
- As per the new budget released on Feb 2021, the finance minister had announced that if the total pf amount accumulated in an employee’s pf account is more than 2.5 lakh per year, then only TDS will be deducted from the interest earned from epf.
Download PF Form 15G
You can view or download Form 15G from the Income Tax India official website.
- Form 15H is eligible to fill for the employees reaching the age equal or more than 60 years (senior citizen)
- The same benefits are used as that of Form 15G, but this form is especially filled by the senior citizens to save TDS deduction from the interest earned from EPF.
Download PF Form 15H
You can view or download Form 15H from the Income Tax India official website.
- Form 19 is used to claim the Final Settlement of your old EPF account balance.
- It also allows you to withdraw your PF balance after the resignation of your job, superannuation, termination, or at the time of your retirement.
- Form 19 can be filled offline/online through EPF Member Portal.
- After submitting form 19, one more form to be filled is 10C which makes you withdraw even pension share. So full and final settlement is done.
- The payment mode can be chosen as by cheque, ECS, etc for this form.
- This form is very useful especially for unemployed employees who can withdraw
- 75% of EPF balance after 1 month of unemployment.
- 100% of EPF balance after 2 months of unemployment.
Download PF Form 19
You can view or download Form 19 from the EPFO India official website.
EPF Form 20
- Form 20 is filled by the employee’s nominee in case of the employee’s unfortunate death during the service period.
- The nominee can withdraw the employee’s full EPF balance as a full and final settlement.
- If the nominee is a minor, then the guardian has to fill the form on behalf of the nominee.
- The EPF balance can be credited directly to the bank account or by money order.
Download PF Form 20
You can view or download Form 20 from the EPFO India official website.
- Form 31 is used to withdraw the advance pf amount from the PF account.
- This form can be filled offline/online through a UAN Member Portal.
- The employee can withdrawal a partial pf amount depending upon the purpose and the total service period in the organization.
Download PF Form 31
You can view or download Form 31 from the EPFO India official website.